Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 101: Rise and Whine

Aha:
I had to have some lab work done today as a walk-in. The clinic opened at 7am and was about 10 minutes from my house. I woke up at 6am and was out the door by 630am. Clinton asked why I was leaving so early and I told him I didn't want to have to wait in line all day. Good thing I left early!
When I got there one gentleman was already in line (that made me #2). Right after I got in line another man came. Within 10 minutes there were about 10 people in line, and by 7am that number about doubled.
When I finished my labs 40 minutes later, I came into the waiting room and it was absolutely PACKED!
It stunk a little to get up so early on a Saturday, but getting in-and-out was totally worth it! Plus, I had a great two-hour nap this afternoon, so it's all good. :)

Haha:
I think (wink, wink) I've mentioned this before, but our landlords do anything but "own" their property. We still have maintenance issues that have yet to be addressed and the things that have been were done very shoddily. We continue to find problems on a regular basis--take today for example.
Clinton went out to get the electric mower to mow our yard. He was outside for a while but I didn't hear the mower. He came back in and grabbed his tools. Again, he was outside for quite some time but I never heard the mower. When he came back in I followed up.
Me: Lemme guess, it's broken?
He: Well, it's starting to work, I think...but yes, it's broken.
Me: Big shocker.
Well, he went back outside to work on it some more and I joined him. First of all, the thing was held together by duct-tape and a couple of the cables were burnt to a crisp and the motor had corrosion on it as well. I asked him if this was going to be fixable and he wasn't sure. He tried a few things and nothing seemed to be working. Finally when he thought it might work, he carefully plugged the mower in.
Drum roll, please....insert random ticking sound...and black smoke from the motor! Ha!
He: Uh, yah, I don't think this thing is going to work.
Me: I don't think so.
LOL, oh man, this rental is a joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment