Thursday, March 27, 2014

Day 50: Fatigue Will Set Your Foresight Free

Aha:
You know when someone says "I didn't get any sleep last night" but really they just tossed and turned?...well, I literally didn't get any sleep last night. I don't know what it was, maybe it was the Dr. Pepper I had around 7pm, but I could not fall asleep. I even took a half of a sleep-aid (usually a quarter of one and I'm a goner)...no such luck.
I debated all night what I was going to do about work: do I call in sick?, it's only my first week, do I just go in late? Well, finally I couldn't take laying in bed anymore so I got up and got ready for work (it was 530am by this time anyway).
I only had a couple of tired moments at work, but miraculously I survived. Much of my day was spent in training and I really struggled to pay attention, but I took some good notes and I think no harm was done.
Now that I'm home I'm truly exhausted, so off to bed I go, but just wanted to record how thankful I am for the extra divine help I had in staying awake today (I think the Diet Coke at lunch helped a bit too). Here's hoping for a restful sleep tonight!

Haha:
During one of my one-on-one training sessions today I was walked through a program our company offers. As is done with our clients, I was asked some ice-breaker questions at the start. One of these questions was, "Do you have a hidden talent, if so, what is it?"
Now, remember I'm very tired and not thinking very Johnny-on-the-spot-like, so I replied, "Umm...yes...My grandma had some gastrointestinal issues and passed them onto her grandchildren. Among other things, I inherited the ability to...uh...I can, though I try not to in public...I can burp really big burps. Like, I've won contests for them before."
I tried my hardest to come up with anything, but my poor brain was shot and out popped something no one needs to know, let alone my new coworker.
Fortunately, she laughed about it and was fine with it, but seriously...sheesh, Dani!

No comments:

Post a Comment