Thursday, March 20, 2014

Day 43: Steering Me in the Right Direction

Aha:
I had to go to the bank today to get a certified check printed. The teller I was working with was very chatty and I probably spent about 25 minutes just talking with her. We talked about her upcoming retirement, opera companies (her daughter is part of the Vancouver Opera Company), having children (her daughter is also hoping to go through IVF), and finding family physicians (they're moving to Chilliwack and it's an area Clinton and I are considering settling in)--to name a few topics.
Towards the end of our chat she apologized for talking my ear off, but to be honest, I loved it all. Although she spoke loud enough for everyone to hear, I gotta say it was nice to have such a candid conversation with a total stranger! She was very kind and had lots of encouraging words and advice for me. She made me smile and laugh. 
Thanks bank teller lady, you made my day!

Haha:
Oh man, you should have seen my attempt at parallel parking tonight. Fortunately for my ego Clinton saw the whole thing. Lol
Let's just suffice it to say that at one point I was totally perpendicular to the curb, at another point I was all the way up on the sidewalk, and I finished by deciding half-way on the sidewalk was good enough. And all this was WITH Clinton's help!
He and I were both having a good laugh at my "skills". Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment