Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 44: Eye, Eye, Eye!

Aha:
Spent the vast majority of my day in the ocularist's office having a new shell made. Unfortunately it still needs some adjustments so I won't get it till April 8th, but thanks to Alberta Health and Clinton's Blue Cross benefits, this shell will only cost me $90 in the end (these babies cost $3000-$5000 in the states).
I can't wait to have my new eye! Hopefully my outlook on life will be the only thing "looking up" after I get my new eye. ;)

Haha:
As I said earlier, my new shell has some adjustments to be made. At the end of a very long day, my ocularist put in the shell, made some markings on it, pulled it back out, filed down the surface, put it back in, etc. After about 15 minutes of this routine she said the color was slightly off and some extra modifications needed to take place, but if I wanted to look at it I could.
Of course I was anxious to see it, and as she was raising the mirror up she said, "Just remember it still needs a bit of work." (That's never a good sign.)
Me: AHH! Uh,...you say this is fixable?
(The color was off, yes, but the iris itself took up most of the eye space--hardly any white was showing. The iris also sat really low on my lower lid.)
She: Oh yes, it is totally fixable.
Me: (laughing) Good thing, otherwise I look quite creepy! My old shell is looking pretty good to me right now. Ha!
So, come April 8th fingers crossed for the less creepy version of Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment