Sunday, March 18, 2012

Day 267: Pride Cometh Before the F-A-L-L

Aha:
The teacher in Sunday School shared a quote by C.S. Lewis that I would like to repost here.  He said,
"Pride gets no pleasure out of having something, only out of having more of it than the next man".  I don't know that I have special insight into this, but I thought it was really thought-provoking--just got me thinking/re-evaluating.   How many things do we do this with in our lives?   How do I view the things I've been blessed with, and not just material possessions either?

Ha ha:
Ever since I was a little girl I have loved to have my krelbow* (inner elbow) "massaged" (lightly stroked).  Anyway, I asked Clinton to do this for me today during Sacrament meeting.  He told me he'd do it if he could play with my bracelet first.  I told him he could play with my bracelet when he was finished massaging my arm, but this is all besides the point.
He started just sorta scratching my arm.  I said, "Why don't you try spelling out words for me to guess." thinking this would inspire him to be a little more slow and gentle.  It worked...sorta.
Here are the words he spelled...
P-O-O-P
F-E-C-E-S
C-R-A-P
D-U-M-P
F-A-R-T
S-C-A-T
Not exactly what I was going for, but me-oh-my my arm felt wonderful!

*Side note: I asked Clinton if there was an actual name for the inner elbow or if "krelbow" (what my family calls it) was the actual name.  He looked up at me and said, "antecubital".  "Oh.  No.", I said, "No one's gonna know that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment