Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 264: Living Life to It's Fullest

Aha:
Sadly, I received a notice yesterday that someone at my work passed away unexpectedly while on the job.  I had never met her, but I only heard wonderful things about her and my heart goes out to her grieving husband (also works at the hospital) and their family.
I wanted to include a portion of the letter the Chaplain wrote about this sweet lady.  It really touched my heart and made me think a bit more about who I am and how I can better live my life.
"I suspect many of you all are going to be checking in and checking on each other a bit more, at least temporarily. That’s a blessing. And all of us have had a moment in these past days when we’ve thought or said out loud, “Wow, I’ve got a lot to be thankful for.  There’s a lot I’ve maybe taken for granted.” That’s a blessing. And how powerful has it been to see people cross all of our boundaries of authority and organization, and reach out to the humanity that we all share no matter what our position on the corporate ladder. How powerful to realize that, when it comes down to it, we are all beholden to each other for the abundance of our life.
And finally what a witness that we have seen that a life lived well can have on everyone else’s life. That’s an opportunity we each of us still has, to live a life that witnesses to those around us the goodness of being a good person, doing the best with what is before us, taking time to share that with others and seek that in others. Thank you for that, Janet. Thank you."
Doesn't that just make you want to make a difference?  What a wonderful tribute!

Ha ha:
Clinton has a tradition of going to McDonald's with his friends on Thursdays for lunch.  One of his McDonald's-going-buddies' wife, who's also my coworker, was having a baby shower at work today, so I asked him if he wanted to skip McDonald's this week and come to the shower instead.  I told him there'd be plenty of free, delicious food and he could still visit with his friend.  What was his response?  "Are they serving Chicken McNuggets?"

No comments:

Post a Comment