Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 98: Two Things I Watched Today

Aha:
I had the pleasure of watching General Conference today from my church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).  In it, one of the speakers, Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, encouraged each member of the church to be bold in declaring their beliefs.  He encouraged members to do three things:
1. Be bold in our declaration of Jesus Christ.
2. Be righteous examples of the believers to others.
3. Speak up about the church, who we are and what we stand for.
So, even though there is no way to sufficiently express my feelings in words on a screen, I'm taking that counsel to heart and will now share my thoughts with the first of these today and the other two in the days ahead...here goes.
In a world that is filled with confusion and heartache, there is One who can bring us peace, heal our pains and our souls and lead us to everlasting life:  Jesus Christ.  I have not seen Him, but I have felt his influence in my life.  He has healed my broken heart, comforted me when I've been afraid and has been the source of exceeding joy too many times to deny.  He came to earth and was born of Mary in a humble stable.  His life was not one of earthly riches, but of meek circumstances and bitter betrayals.  He lived a perfect life and chose to be the Savior of Mankind.  He felt all of our hurts, pains and sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and paid for our souls with his blood.  In a way I don't understand, He mercifully satisfied the demands of justice, paying the price for each and every human being, by giving up His life.  After three days He was resurrected, paving the way for each of us to be resurrected someday.  His life was a life of miracles, sacrifice, service, preaching, forgiving and loving.  I love Him so much and hope to one day kneel at His feet and thank Him for all He has done for me.

Ha ha:
I got on my computer to look up some troubleshooting for my sewing machine (bottom stitch on reverse is loopy...any ideas?).  My homepage happens to be Facebook (dangerous, I know) and I saw a friend had posted a ghost video.  Apparently this was a film shoot taken for a car commercial and a ghost aura appears just out of the trees.  Slightly intrigued, but already getting the spooks just thinking about it, I click on the play button anyway.

A scream of absolute TERROR ripped from my throat, my hands flew up and covered my eyes and I started shaking.  I shook from being scared and I shook from laughing at myself.  Clinton turned to me to ask what the heck had happened so I told him.  He said, "Oh, that fake commercial?  That thing's been on the internet for years!"  I can't believe I fell for it.
I watched it about 30 minutes ago and am still getting over the shakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment