Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 101: Overflowing with Gratitude

Aha:
I was working on the calendar for the physicians' schedules at work.  It's my responsibility to keep 7+ schedules completely accurate or all hell breaks loose...at me.  I was proofing some appointments and thought I was just about done.  I got a feeling to check one more thing and sure enough, one of the docs calendars was missing his night on call.  Yikes!  That's a pretty big one to have on there.  I'm so grateful I paid attention to that prompting!!

Ha ha:
Have I mentioned I love the show, "Raising Hope"?  It seems that every time it's been on lately I become completely oblivious to time passing and something embarrassing happens.  Well, tonight, during a commercial break, I got up to start the sink running to soak my dishes.  I heard my show come back on and kept the sink running.

I'm sure you know where this is going.

Anyway, I hear it running still at the next commercial break and run into my kitchen to see the water is just coming over the brim.  I turn off the sink.  Sticking my arm into the water to pull out the plug, let alone a dish, sets the water fully over the brim and onto my floor (which is now very clean I may add :)  I eventually get some dishes out without too much of a spill and complete my washing...after my show ended.

3 comments:

  1. I just watched Raising Hope tonight for the first time! I usually turn it off after Glee but today I kept going. Great use of my time ;) Definitely a funny show! I'm glad to hear that you didn't create a total swimming pool in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha oh how tv distracts us!! I watched it last night too and loved it... that show is hilarious :) So glad work is going well for you D!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be a good show! I've never watched it before. Drew and I are big Survivor fans. If anything were to happen during that show, it would have to wait. =)

    ReplyDelete