Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 127: Ring a Bell?

Aha:
Last night I set my alarm for 7am because I had to be to church by 810am for choir practice.  Well, at 738 I woke up and realized (very quickly) that my alarm had been set for PM and I WAY overslept!  Needless to say, I jumped out of bed, threw in my eyes, threw on some clothes and make-up, poured a big bowl of cereal and literally ran out the door in less than 15 minutes.  Even though I hit half of the lights on the way to church, I managed to only be 5 minutes late (not even speeding really).
With all of the chaos of the morning rush, I was nervous about how everything else would go.  However, the choir all arrived on time and our practice went wonderfully and the performance was great!  They sang Jesus the Very Thought of Thee right before testimonies and the spirit was welcomed with open arms!
I received lots of compliments on behalf of the choir and I am so thankful that everything sounded so wonderful!

Ha ha:
My friend and I went visiting teaching this afternoon and saw our 80-year-old friend.  When we very first got there she asked us to take a seat on the couch while she finished her tea in the kitchen.  My friend and I sat down and our visit-ee shouted from the kitchen, "Does her hat fit alright?"  We were both confused so she clarified, "Does your baby's hat fit alright?"  My friend said it did, and then quietly said to me, "What hat?"
It then registered that our 80-year-old friend had given me an outfit she'd crocheted for my friend's new baby and asked me to give to her several weeks ago.  I had totally forgotten to give it to her!  Whoops!  I quickly told her what it was and she said, loud enough for our friend to hear in the kitchen, "Oh, yes.  Thank you!"
Crap!  Fortunately we had a good laugh over it, but now I gotta find where I left that bag...Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment