Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 125: Ah, Nuts! I Wish I'd Seen That!

Aha:
I am grateful for the Lord's hand in my life in providing me the job I have.  I have great medical benefits and got to enjoy those a little today.  I got a new pair of custom orthodics for $40 (usually around $350!)!!  I'm still getting used to them, but I can already tell they'll do wonders for my wittle feetsies!! :)

Another thing, my favorite snack (Peanut Puffs) came out while I was in Oregon last week and I was devastated to discover I had missed out.  Well, I drove over ALDI tonight to pick up some groceries and saw they still had about 15 bags left!!  I bought six of 'em (I'm gonna wish I'd bought more, but felt kinda embarrassed with six) and have already eaten almost half of a bag.  They are so delightfully wonderful!!!  I usually dislike grocery shopping very much, but this time was a pure PLEASURE!  I literally squealed out loud when I saw them, got jittery in line knowing they'd soon be mine and ran to my car so I could jump in and indulge!  Oh, Peanut Puffs how I have missed you!!

Ha ha:
So, yesterday afternoon I had to make my afternoon run to the corporate office.  On my way there, I made a quick stop at the Medical Staff Offices to drop off some papers and noticed they had fun-size Crunch bars...so, I indulged.
Whilst still munching, I made another stop in the clinic and discussed the schedule with 3 of the secretaries.  After that, I went over to the corporate office, spoke with 3 different people there (including someone I was introduced to for the first time), passed lots of people in the hallways, and then came back to my office--where I again saw a few different people.
Anyway, why do I tell you all this?  Well, because after interacting with all those people I made a quick trip to the restroom.  After doing my business, I began washing my hands (as all clean people do) and looked up into the mirror only to find a giant chunk of chocolate on my lip!!  What the??  Why didn't anyone of those people say anything?  And to think I was introduced to someone looking like a candy-stealing 4-year-old!
Ha ha!  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment