Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 352: Don't Walk...Run!

Aha:
Went for another run on Monday with a new app on my phone that tells me when to do my walk/run intervals.  At first, I thought it made me more tired than if I just ran the whole thing, but by the end I had lots of energy left!  My body's adjusting well to running again and I really hope to keep it up!

Ha ha:
Clinton and I drove by a group of young girls working a lemonade stand the other day and it reminded me of the time I tried to make money as the neighborhood clown.
Picture me, about 8-10 years old (yes, I was rather adorable).  Now picture me in a clown suit, frizzy wig and all, and all made up in clown make-up to boot.  I don't know what possessed me, but I got the idea that I would sell balloon animals from my parent's driveway (on a side street with very little traffic or children), make a load of cash, and at the same time make everyone feel as if they'd just visited the circus.
I should probably clarify here that I had no idea how to make a balloon animal of any sort.  I didn't even know how to make a sword, but my brother did and he had the supplies so off to "entertain" I went.
I went out on the driveway in my clown attire, set up my little table with a pack of rubber balloons and the bicycle pump, and got to work.  I popped about 5 balloons trying to discover how much air was "too much air" and waited for my customers to come running.
I blew up some balloons, tied some together (nothing fancy as you might imagine) and tried to make anything...and by that I mean that I tried to make SOMETHING.  I stunk.
It had probably been about 15 minutes by this point and the sun was scorching.  I looked up and down the street to see if anyone was coming, but no one was out.  All of a sudden, it was as if I was having an out of body experience and I could see how ridiculous this all must have looked.  What the heck was I doing dressed in a clown suit, desperately attempting to make balloon animals to sell in a childless neighborhood??  I quickly deserted my table before anyone had the chance to see my foolery and ran inside to ditch the clown gear.
A grabbed a popsicle from the freezer, plopped down on the couch and before I knew it, Quantum Leap was on and life was as good as new again.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! I used to sell paper rings to make money. So sad. Great job on the running too!

    ReplyDelete