Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 358: I Love You, A Bushel and a Peck

Aha:
Yesterday, for all those of you who have been living under a rock, was Father's Day--a day set aside to think about appreciate our fathers.  Well, I've been meaning to find just-the-right card to send my dad but just kept forgetting before I eventually ran out of time. :(  I still wanted to send him something special and kept racking my brain to see what I could come up with.
Well, yesterday afternoon I was walking back inside from taking Petey potty and happened to turn and see a cardinal land in our backyard.  This is the first cardinal I've seen this season and it's the one thing (well, cardinals and us) my dad said he'd like to see when they come visit us in August.  I quickly ran inside, grabbed my phone and ran back out to snap a quick picture.  My first shot was no good, but the second one was perfect!  That pretty little bird turned profile right as I snapped the shot, creating the perfect little photo.  I sent it and a little message to my dad as his Father's Day greeting.  He thought it was great. :)

Ha ha:
There is a lot of extended family in town (back home) for my brother's graduation from dental school and when my family gets together, there is a lot of laughter!  I called to talk with my dad and kept hearing bursts of laughter in the background.  I asked what was going on and he said they were playing a game.  A few minutes later, my sister came on the phone and told me what was going on.
Apparently, my cousins found a game they could play on their drive up to Oregon.  The game is: list as many movie titles that could describe a bowel movement.  Clinton and I thought of some and sent them to everyone via text so we could play along too.  Here a select poo, pew few that our group came up with.
Splash; Adventures with Pooh; Something Wicked this Way Comes; Labrynth; The Ring; Big Business; She's Having a Baby; A River Runs Through It; Big; Scoop; A Funny thing Happened on the Way to the Forum; Catch and Release; Free Willy; Blue Streak; Hope Floats; The Unsinkable Molly Brown; Risky Business; Rocky; Hot Shots; Monty Python; Dante's Peak; Desperado; Chocolat; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory; The Sound of Music; Music Man; Lean on Me; Home Alone; Mr. Deeds; Backdraft; Stand and Deliver; Operation Dumbo Drop; Gone with the Wind; The Dirty Dozen; Dirty Rotten Scoundrels; Better Off Dead; Look Who's Coming for Dinner; Throw Mama Off the Train; The Goonies; Breaking Dawn; Eclipse; Titanic; Tangled; Cool Runnings; The Firm; There Will Be Blood; Total Recall; Angela's Ashes; Overboard; Disturbia; Grease; Rear Window; Transformers; and It Can Happen to You.
Great game...that is, if you have the maturity of a 12-year-old boy.  "Bottom Line":  This game was GREAT for our family! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your family in Arizona would like to add to the list!
    The Green Mile, Catch Me If You Can, I am Number 4, The Neverending Story, Lady in the Water, The Majestic, Much Ado About Nothing, The Curse of the Black Pearl, The Cutting Edge, The Emperor's New Groove,Frequency, Mama Mia! Thanks for the laughs!
    Mark, Wendy, Callie, and Brittney

    ReplyDelete