Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 361: When Sleepy Met Grumpy

Aha:
I did not sleep more than 2 hours Tuesday night.  It was really hot that night, I had a lot on my mind and Peter kept walking all over me (he was hot too).  I finally got out of bed at 2am to take a cool shower and was able to fall asleep around 3:30am after I'd read for a while.  Needless to say, I was a bit of a zombie at work yesterday.  Fortunately my day was pretty busy touring another faculty candidate around and I was able to stay awake (thanks also to the free Diet Coke I enjoyed while waiting for the candidate during an interview at the Cancer Center).  As soon as the day ended, I got out of there and actually ran into Clinton at the front of the school and got a ride home!

Ha ha:
When I'm overly tired I tend to become a bit emotional.  On my way home from taking Peter to the park (yes, I'm a sucker for his happiness and mustered enough energy to throw a ball for him for about 15 minutes), I got scolded by this lady on her cell phone.  I was trying to cross the intersection and drivers here don't stop for pedestrians.  Anyway, I couldn't see and this SUV pulls up beside me and blocks my view that much more.  I've got Peter pulling on me, traffic coming both ways and an SUV making it hard for me to make a commitment to cross the street.  After about 5 seconds of this, the lady rolls down her window and shouts (in front of her child), "Hey!  Are you gonna cross the street or not?  You're back and forth."
Befuddled, I replied, "Uh, I'm sorry.  I've got a dog here."  Embarrassed that I'd been spoken to so rudely, I prayed I'd be safe and crossed the road.
When I came inside and told Clinton, I totally started crying about it.  Granted, the lady was a total WITCH, but who cries over something like that?!  Ha ha!  I was exhausted; so much so that as soon as I finished telling him my sob story, I got ready for and into bed...at 845pm. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment