Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 357: Out Came the Sun and Dried Up All the Rain

Aha:
Saturday.  The weather was...confusing.  The sun was shining, then it rained; the sun shone again, then it stormed while the sun was still shining and then it just got hot and humid.  Needless to say, I managed to be catching the rain instead of the sun.
When I drove to the grocery store the sun was out and it was nice and warm.  When I came out of the store it was raining and I got wet loading my groceries into my car, though not too bad.  Then it poured my whole drive to the next place and continued while I ran inside.  When I came back out it was pouring harder than before and I was drenched.  I got home, unloaded my groceries (in the rain) and on my last trip noticed it had stopped raining and the sun was back out. :/
So, it was at this point that I got a text from my friend, Kim, inviting me to hang out at her pool.  The weather was great, so I squeezed into my suit, lathered myself in sunscreen (yay for fair skin!) and headed over.  The moment I got out of the car, the clouds covered the sun and it started to sprinkle.  Then it stopped and we enjoyed a little bit of sun, in between breaks in the clouds.  Well, then it all out poured some of the biggest rain drops I've ever seen.  Fortunately we'd been able to enjoy the sun enough to be content to return to our homes.  The second I got home, the rain stopped and the sun came back out. :/  Whatever.  We had a great time together regardless. :)

Ha ha:
Kim called her boyfriend to come down from their apartment so he could document our fun afternoon together.  When he arrived, we thanked him for doing this for us and he said, "It's no problem."  I don't remember who said it, but one of the girls said, "Psh, of course it's no problem; you're living every man's dream right now taking pictures of girls in their swim suits!" Ha!
(totally candid shot and it's one of my favorites!)

No comments:

Post a Comment