Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 344: Antagonyms (look it up)

Aha:
I had the opportunity to fast on Sunday...something I did really well last year, but have struggled to do this year.  Anyway, I have been praying and fasting for some answers to my prayers and although I don't know that I have the answers I seek, one of my friends got up to bear her testimony in Relief Society and said something that really touched me.  She said that she was privileged to be able to fast again (hasn't been able to due to health complications) and she has felt such peace knowing that the answers to her prayers would come because of the power of fasting.
She didn't say that all of her answers flowed through her right as she started her fast, but that they would eventually come nonetheless.  I guess I just needed a reminder to be patient and trust that things will all make sense down the line.

Ha ha:
As I was driving Clinton to his EARLY morning call on Saturday it made me feel like going on a road trip.  The sun was just rising and the roads were pretty empty - creating a "road-trip" feel in the air.
Me:  Oh, doesn't driving this early just make you want to go on a road trip?
He:  No.  It makes me want to go back home and go to bed.
Well, we can't agree on everything, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment