Thursday, June 7, 2012

Day 348: The Things That Keep Us Moving

Aha:
Ran for the first time in about a year.  I don't know why, but just felt like running.  I made it about 2/3 of a mile before I had to stop and walk for a spell.  All and all, I managed to keep a just-over-10-minute-mile and covered 2.84 miles in 29 minutes (and that's while carrying a conversation with my mom at the same time!...to be honest, talking with her kept me motivated/distracted to push through the pain of being out of shape)!

Ha ha:
I was playing hymns on the piano, enjoying the feel of the keys on my fingers and the spirit of the music...that is until I heard "BANG BANG", "AHHH", "BANG BANG", "I'M DYING" - the soundtrack of Wolfenstein, a real shoot 'em up computer game that Clinton can't seem to get enough of lately.  Somehow the hymn, "There is Sunshine in My Soul", just didn't have the same affect on me today.
I think one of us needs to wear ear plugs next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment