Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 154: Reflections, Reminders and Reviews

Aha:
I set up our nativity today and lingered a little while on each character as I placed them "in there place" near the manger.  I thought a little about what my role would have been and figured I'd probably have been among the shepherds; drawn to the boy after the appearance of a heavenly angel and amazed at the meager circumstances in which He was born, poor to the things of the world, but rich in faith to follow Him.  I feel like I don't have much to offer, but I know He loves me and I would hope that, like the shepherds, I would sacrifice anything just to see Him.

Ha ha:
1.  I got a text from a friend of mine in the ward asking me to teach her lesson in Primary tomorrow.  It wasn't until she asked that I remembered I was supposed to teach in Relief Society tomorrow!  I have never been so happy to have someone ask me to sub before!  Phew!  Potential crisis averted!  Now, let's just hope and pray my lesson goes well!
2.  Clinton and I had free movie tickets so we went to see Hugo in 3D.  The movie was pretty long and didn't make much sense, but according to Clinton, the cinematography was great.  Anyway, as I was getting restless in my seat a little girl down the row from us "whispered" to her mom, "Is this almost over?"  It was hilarious because Clinton and I were thinking the same thing!

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about where I'd fit in the nativity but I think I'd be right there with you as a shepherd amazed by the birth of our Savior, not having much to offer, but taking in all His love then returning to my world to spread word of that love to all!

    ReplyDelete