Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 130: My Outlook on Outlook

Aha:
As I was getting ready to walk out the door from work, I happened to glance up at my computer screen; I saw that there was one task I HAD to do before tomorrow morning.  I quickly did what I needed to do and left knowing I'd finished everything I was supposed to do today!
I'm so thankful for that extra glance...it saved me a lot of stress and worry!!

Ha ha:
A couple of backward situations from today...
I was trying to show a coworker how to use a meeting tool in Outlook.  I meant to say, "You can click here and invite attendees".  What I actually said was, "You can click here and add invitees".  I guess it's still sorta accurate, but it sounded pretty funny.
Every week I send an updated calendar to the HOT (Hematology/Oncology/Transplant) clinic secretaries.  I have a distribution list for them and all I have to do is begin to type "HOT" into the 'To:' field of an email and it pulls them all up.  Well, I had Office 2010 installed on my computer last night and I guess that it was somehow programmed to insert distribution lists alphabetically.
So today, when I began to type "HOT" it inserted "HOT Leadership Group" instead of "HOT Secretaries".  I sent the email without noticing.
Later in the day I received an email from The Intimidator asking why I'd sent them and my old boss, copies of the calendar.  I was baffled.  Anyway, I figured it all out and sent him (and everyone else) a brief explanation of what happened as well as an apology.
A little later The Intimidator came by my desk and said chuckling, "Thanks for the explanation.  That makes so much more sense!"

No comments:

Post a Comment