Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 132: Chocolate Can Cure Anything...Except Root Canals

Aha:
So, this happened on Thursday after I had already written my blog, so I'm including it today.
I have wonderful, intuitive and giving friends.
A friend of mine asked if I was going to go with her to Chicago this weekend and I said that I hoped to, but since I'd been a little under the weather, I wasn't sure.  Next thing I know, she's calling me and asking me to come to the door.  That girl had brought me a chocolate-dipped ice cream cone from McDonalds!  She said, "I know these always make me feel better!"
And you know what?  It made me feel better too!  Thanks for lifting my spirits Jenn!

Ha ha:
I had yet to add some pictures from my Portland trip and thought now would be a good time.

Here I am getting my root canal.  Don't I look happy? (Truth be told, I was trying to smile.)  I was curious what it looked like to have a rubber dam in my mouth and now I (and you) know.

Here I am just moments after having it completed.  I too was trying to smile here. :/

While living in Portland I never made it to Voodoo Doughnuts, so I told my mom and sisters I wanted to go.  Here is their display case.

Here's the menu, I got the Old Fashioned Glaze and the Old Dirty Bastard (raised doughnut with frosting, crushed oreos and peanut butter and chocolate syrup...yum).


Here are some pics from my flight back.  In these next three, you can see three mountains within the frame.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment