Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 141: "Personal" Revelation

Aha:
The topic in Sacrament Meeting today was on prayer.  One of the speakers referenced "prayer" from the Bible Dictionary.
As soon as we learn the true relationship in which we stand toward God (namely, God is our Father, and we are his children), then at once prayer becomes natural and instinctive on our part (Matt. 7:7–11). Many of the so-called difficulties about prayer arise from forgetting this relationship. Prayer is the act by which the will of the Father and the will of the child are brought into correspondence with each other. The object of prayer is not to change the will of God, but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant, but that are made conditional on our asking for them. Blessings require some work or effort on our part before we can obtain them. Prayer is a form of work, and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings.
I thought the part about making our prayers a correspondence with God in order to make our will match His for us, was brilliant.  I knew this of course, but the reminder was what I needed to hear today.

Ha ha:
I wore a dress today that has a tendency to be a bit static-y.  Anyway, I used the restroom and just as I was about to walk out of my stall I happened to notice something just didn't feel quite right.  I felt around my bum and my skirt was totally balled up around my rump.  Eesh!  I am so glad I paid attention to that little moment of discomfort; it saved me from a moment of BIG discomfort!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that passage about prayer in the Bible Dictionary. I am really grateful for the Bible Dictionary which lays some topics out so clearly and beautifully. I love how praying the right way really brings our will to match with God's and all the blessings that come from that.

    And whoa, crazy static! So funny!

    ReplyDelete