Monday, January 30, 2012

Day 213: Flori-DUH

Aha:
Clinton and I hopped onto a plane bright and early (or shall I say, dark and way too early??) and headed to sunny and WARM Florida!!
It has been quite a while since we've taken a vacation and to be honest, I keep feeling like we're on our honeymoon! :)  It feels fantastic to be with my honey and I'm LOVING every second of it!
View from the plane of the sun rising


 Here we are...for some reason Clinton thought he should hold up his bag of pretzels.
 View of the Gulf
 Here's our awesome condo (2600 sq.ft., 2 full baths, 3 bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen...for $65/night!)





 My dad grew up in Florida and his favorite dessert is Key Lime Pie, so we found a great restaurant, called Bahama Breeze, and they had the best Key Lime Pie we've ever tasted!  Also, they had an amazing cuban sandwich that I've now decided is my favorite!

 It took us about 4 minutes to finish off this little beauty.

Ha ha:
While Clinton and I were sitting in the Ft. Lauderdale Airport we had about 3 hours to people watch and here's what we saw...

  1. An older man that was dressed like a woman (heels, tank-top dress, make-up and all).
  2. A BUNCH of old people, obviously a bunch of snowbirds. :)
  3. A mother yelling at her child, "NO!  You can't have a donut and if you ask again you're not going to get dinner either!"
  4. Two different men that looked like crazy people while talking on their phones because they refused to hold their phones with their hand and used their almost-invisible bluetooth instead.  Why??
  5. A bird scavenging for scraps and then crapping on the floor (yes, we are still inside for this).
All in all this was rather entertaining, but we were so glad to finally make it to our AMAZING villa and I'll post more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment