Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 203: Push and Pull

Aha:
I've been trying to get back into exercising since it had been about 8 months since my last work out.  I've been doing Jillian Michaels' 30-Day Shred (also available at Target or Walmart for about $10) followed by Rodney Yee's Ultimate Power Yoga (also available at Target or Walmart for about $14); total work out time is about 45 minutes.  Today, the thought of exercise made me want to fall over dead.  Is that not the saddest thing you've ever heard?  I'd rather die than exercise?  What is wrong with me?
Anyway, I put on my exercise clothes and headed downstairs to begrudgingly start.  I turned to Clinton and said, "Don't let me back out.  I need to do this but really don't want to."  I paused for a moment and then said, "I don't think I'm going to...", in the middle of my defeated phrase I looked up and saw that he'd already turned on the TV and selected my exercise for me.  I had to do it now.
Most wives might take offense when their husband turns on an exercise video for them and tells them they have to do it (and I would be if I hadn't asked him to), but I was so thankful!  I took away his "Fart in a Can" and completed both of my videos!!  I feel good knowing they're done and I'm thankful for my husband who pushed me to complete a goal and wouldn't let me give up!

Ha ha:
After I finished my workout I ran upstairs to show Clinton something I was never able to do, even as a more-flexible kid--from a standing position, bend over and put my palms flat on the floor while keeping my legs straight--a full forward bend!
He asked, "Oh, is that it?"
"Yes!", I replied.
"Good job," he said, "but can you put your leg behind your head?"
I tried but was not quite flexible enough yet.
"Let me try." he said.  And as he spoke he pulled his left leg and put it behind his head.  What the?!
I challenged him to try his right leg and up it went too!  I don't know if I should be offended, impressed or in stitches.  It probably was one of the funniest looking things I've seen in a while. :)

1 comment:

  1. It would have been funnier if you had used the fart in the can just as he pulled his leg over his head!

    ReplyDelete