Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day 248: Gifts of the Spirit

Aha:
I had some very important letters of correspondence to write today and I am very thankful for the gift and guidance of the Holy Ghost.  I wasn't sure what I needed to say but I felt calm, and as soon as I started to type, the words seemed to write themselves.
I know the Lord is mindful of me and I'm so thankful that He loves me enough to make my concerns His.

Ha ha:
Last night Clinton came to bed for prayer and scriptures.  I read for a few minutes and asked him to say prayer.  I was really ready to go to sleep but he was in a bit of a silly mood and kept stalling.  After several, "Please just say prayer"s, he finally conceded and here's how it went...
Clinton:  (imagine this in "typical" prayer intonation)  Beh dih pedehbeh beh beh, deh peh depha beh.  Deh meh meh di beh deh, peh deh di peh deh beh beh beh teh...di bah demh deh nemah nih, deh-meh.
I looked up after he finished and before I could say anything he said, "That was in tongues if you must know."
The thing was I pretty much knew exactly what it was he was saying just by the tone and rhythm!  Ha!  We laughed for a second before I made him say a real prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment