Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 241: It's Not What You Thought

Aha:
One of my appointments canceled this evening and although it would have been a blessing to have that appointment, there are blessings that came from the cancel too.  Because of the cancel I got to...
1.  Wash/fold/put away 3 loads of laundry (way overdue, that's why there were three loads)
2.  Visit with my sister on the phone
3.  Take Peter for a walk (also overdue, my poor little pup was so very happy and that made me happy too!)
4.  Eat dinner with my husband
5.  Go to bed early!!!!!!

Ha ha:
This actually happened the other day at work and I completely forgot to blog about it.
I had a sample of some perfume in my work bag and thought it would freshen up my afternoon to use a nice little squirt of it.  So, while trying to hold the little tiny bottle and press the little tiny button with one hand, I managed to twist the sprayer to the side and completely miss my neck.  So, I tried again and again, each time resulting in the spray going past me until about 5 sprays into it when I decided to use one hand to hold the bottle and the other to push the button.  Right as the last spray hit my neck I remembered how extremely potent this perfume was and started to feel really bad for my coworkers who were completely oblivious to the excessive sprays of potent perfume that were headed their way.  So I did what I thought made the most sense.  I stood up and said, "Oh man you guys, I'm really sorry.  I didn't realize how much that was going to stink.  (gagging) Oh, man it's really strong!  I'm going to just run around the corner but it'll probably follow me.  I'm so sorry!"
My coworkers turned to me with really concerned looks on their faces and I instantly realized...they thought I was saying I'd farted!  I VERY QUICKLY clarified that I was talking about my perfume and we all had a good laugh.  That is, until the perfume fumes took over.

1 comment:

  1. OH. MY. GOSH!!! I would have laughed so loud if I was there!!

    ReplyDelete