Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 239: Let It All Out

Aha:
Someone in Relief Society today said that her mindset regarding how she says her prayers has changed since being married.  She said she grew up saying, "It's time to say a prayer.", but when she got married her husband's family taught her that you don't just say a prayer, you "say prayer."  She said that prayer isn't just "a something" you do, it's your time to communicate with God and that it should be treated as such.
I like this thought and it makes me reflect a little more about how my prayers are.  Are they just "a something" I do, or are they my way of really communicating with God?  I'm going to try to change my mindset too and make sure that I don't just say "a prayer" but that I really take the time to pray to my Heavenly Father.

Ha ha:
Here I was sitting at my computer getting ready to write this post and I paused for a second and asked Clinton, "Do I have anything funny to write about from today?" and a little burp slipped out.  I waited for his response and he started frantically waving the air away from him in disgust...I guess my burp stunk a little.
I started laughing and promptly started typing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment