Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 236: Historic Events

Aha:
Today's "aha" moment came to me early on and I knew exactly what blessing-in-my-life I wanted to write about.  Today is my mom's birthday and I wanted to throw her a virtual shout-out.
Mom, I love you so much and am so grateful for you in my life!  There are so many people out there who long for the type of relationship with their moms like me and my siblings have with you; we are the luckiest kids!  You are so caring, faithful, talented, wise, funny, loving and giving.  I know you pray for me and my little family everyday and I want you to know I pray for you too.  Thank you so much for all you have done for me and taught me in my life so far.  You are a wonderful example of all that is good and I hope that by the time I'm your age, I've grown up to be just like you. :)
Happy birthday you beautiful lady!

Ha ha:
I developed a terrible habit/obsession with finding split ends in my hair and cutting them off with a pair of what ever's sharp/"cutty" nearby.  During one of today's searches I came across this:
Not sure if you can see it, but there is a black hair right in the middle amongst all the very blond hair.
A black hair??  Treating it like a stray hair found in my food, I pulled on it and it didn't budge.  I started to panic a little.  In all my years of messing with my hair to find split ends, make small braids, style it or whatnot, I have NEVER seen a hair color other than blond!  Does this confirm that I'm getting old?  Is this what blond hair does before it goes gray?  Am I an alien?  What does this mean universe?  Oh, what's that you say Google?  It's perfectly normal?  And that people with naturally different shades of color in their hair are found to be more attractive to the general public?*  Ok, phew!  I mean, I thought so, but phew nonetheless!
*The italicized sentence was not scientifically, statistically or in any other way reported or found to be true but was included to make the writer feel better about herself.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Sweetheart for your special post! It made my day! You are so special to me. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete