Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 22: Playing the Part

Aha:
I've discovered that if I have the supplies I really don't mind cooking; it's kinda fun and I actually don't suck at it. The kids have really liked the meals I've prepared and have been very complimentary!
This last week I made chili, Cobb salad (the kids had no idea what this was and it was a huge hit!), a potato bar (this too was new to them and was a huge hit!), and grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup. I also made up a dessert tonight that was rather amazing.
Chunky Monkey-esque Pudding:
1-60 calorie packet of vanilla pudding
1/4 of a banana, mashed
1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
8-10 chocolate chips
1 heaping tablespoon of vanilla yogurt
Mix it all up and enjoy this 150-175 calorie dessert guilt-free!

Well, this week of playing mum has been rather rewarding. My heart has grown two sizes bigger and I've learnt that this whole being-a-parent thing ain't too bad. There are times that really stink but having kids that love you no matter what is pretty darn cool.

Haha:
I totally pulled a move my parents would do when we were kids.
Two of the kids were fighting about who was doing what while washing the dishes. I tried asking them to be nice, I tried letting them work it out in their own, but when all else failed...
I had them wash all of the dishes, dry and put them away all whilst holding hands. I even had them giving each other compliments until they started laughing and being nice to each other.
Thanks Mom and Dad for making us kids be "best friends" with the person we were fighting with by making us hold each other's hands for the rest of the day. That tactic really saved me today! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment