Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Day 21: Jack and Jill Went Up the Hill to Fetch a Pail...of Honesty

Aha:
I had one of those sad parenting moments today that really make your heart sad and glad at the same time.
Long story short, I caught one of the kids lying to me over something not so minor.
I knew they were lying and it was breaking my heart that they didn't feel like they could tell me the truth.
Finally, after about an hour and a half, the truth finally came out.
I took them aside and told them that of all things, being lied to was my least favorite. That lying makes me sad because it seems I can't be trusted by them.
I gave them a big hug (in which they lingered), thanked them for admitting the truth, and told them that I wanted them to be good and make good choices. I wanted them to know they can talk to me about anything and that above all, I loved them.
Consequences were divvied out and I turned to leave. The moment I did I totally got choked up.
These kids aren't even mine but this little situation really made me think a lot about what things must be like for those who do have kids, and what it'll be like when I have my own. This poor kid went to great lengths to avoid telling the truth and when it finally came out I didn't get mad, I really truly just wanted them to succeed in being honest. I felt so much love for them it hurt! And that lingering hug was the best kind of heart-warmer ever!
Is this what it's always like? Is this what it's like for God and His children here on Earth? How much forgiveness and love He must have for you and me!! He will patiently wait for us to admit our error and when we do He will be there to love us even more, not less.

Haha:
Before bed the kids and I were sitting in the living room reading nursery rhymes and after each one Eden would promptly reply with his own funny version of that rhyme.
We were having a great time!
One of the rhymes spoke of two little children who had some sort of cafuffle and ended up getting hurt or something. Eden's rendition included something about the kids suing each other and how someone came out loaded from their lawsuit.
We all laughed and then Sam said, "Eden, these kids are like three years old. If they're suing this young they must be from the states! They're pretty fast to sue over really dumb things in America."
Oh, how I laughed at that cause it's so true! 

No comments:

Post a Comment