Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 367: Taking a Load Off

Aha:
In celebration of Clinton's completion of 3rd year, I took the rest of the week off from work.  Tuesday afternoon we struck up the grill and had some friends over for a BBQ.  The weather was wonderful, the food was great, time with friends is always enjoyable...but knowing I wasn't at work was the best of it all!!

Ha ha:
A memory from my youth.
Before I knew I was lactose-intolerant I dealt with a lot of discomfort and embarrassing situations.  One time, I was at a church dance and mid-cutting-a-rug, I felt like there was something else that needed cutting.  So, I told my friend I was going to run to the bathroom real quick.
"Oh, let me come with you." she said.
Oh dear.  How the heck am I gonna cover this up?  "Uh, ok."
So, off to the bathroom we went.  I went into the stall and did my best to "keep things quiet" however trying to keep diarrhea quiet is like telling a toddler to sit still...it ain't gonna happen.  My friend was jabbering away (just outside my stall) and I "coughed" and "cleared my throat" to mask the sounds like my dignity depended on it.  But try as I might, there's a certain frequency that diarrhea "runs" on and one explosion rang louder than I could cover.
My friend (whose laugh is reminiscent of a machine gun) started busting up laughing.  Eureka!  I started laughing just as loud I could and let nature "take it's course".
I think we probably laughed for a good 5-minutes that evening, and I never felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment