Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 386: Ouch, that Burns

Aha:
Being the accident-prone person that I am, when my friend Julia came up to me on Sunday clutching her right hand I knew instantly I could empathize with her--and then when I found out she'd burnt herself that morning and was really in pain, I knew just the solution.  We hopped in the car and drove to the nearest pharmacy where I helped her pick out the right first aid treatment (ya know, cause I've been there before and knew first "hand" what to get).  We drove back to the church, used some scissors from the library (though I'm sure a wooden butter knife would have worked just as well...gotta love church library supplies :) and I fixed up her burns.  She said she felt instant relief.
We don't always recognize, in the moment, that our trials can be a blessing in the future.  I'm so thankful for perspective, for experience and for the good, healthy times in my life.

Ha ha:
As mentioned in my previous post, I bought an adorable pair of shoes on Saturday and, no surprise here, I wore them to church the next day.  They are adorable but they are mostly worn for the "ooo"s and "ahh"s of onlookers.  If I had known I'd end up walking through two different pharmacy's and back-and-forth from my car I'd never have worn them.  Oh yes, I still got lots of "ooo"s and "ahh"s, but they were intermixed with my ooo-that-hurts's and ahh-can't-wait-to-take-these-off's.
Yes, I limped instead of strut, but I still looked amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment