Sunday, July 29, 2012

I Think I've Reached My Limit

Alright.  It's been a little over a week since last I wrote; I've simply not felt like it.  I kept telling myself that I'd catch up, but I don't think I'm gonna.  So, instead of going into hiding and never blogging again, I'm going to blog perhaps a little less frequently.
Sunday, July 22nd, I subbed in the 4-5 year-old primary class at church.  The group was just girls and they were adorable.  In our ward, the entire primary meets for Sharing/Singing Time and then uses the last 40 minutes or so for class.  Well, I got to Sharing Time a little late, found my class and sat down.  One of the little girls turned to me and whispered, "Um, Teacher?  Did you plan a good lesson for us today?"
Me:  Yes.
She:  Oh, well, um I'm not going to be able to stay for class cause my mom's leaving early, but maybe can you send me some notes or perhaps something from the lesson I could color?
Me:  Uh, we'll see.
Inside I was laughing so hard.  How adorable is that?
Also at church that day, one of the many pioneer hymns during Sacrament Meeting was, "Come, Come Ye Saints".  (It took me till July 24th before I realized all of the hymns from Sacrament were for Pioneer Day in Utah.)  Anyway, I particularly liked the 2nd verse; it seemed the encouragement I needed.  Why should we think to earn a great reward if we now shun the fight?

Come, come, ye saints, no toil nor labor fear;
But with joy wend your way.
Though hard to you this journey may appear,
Grace shall be as your day.
Tis better far for us to strive
Our useless cares from us to drive;
Do this, and joy your hearts will swell -
All is well! All is well!
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we'll have this tale to tell-
All is well! All is well!
We'll find the place which God for us prepared,
Far away, in the West,
Where none shall come to hurt or make afraid;
There the saints, will be blessed.
We'll make the air, with music ring,
Shout praises to our God and King;
Above the rest these words we'll tell -
All is well! All is well!
And should we die before our journey's through,
Happy day! All is well!
We then are free from toil and sorrow, too;
With the just we shall dwell!
But if our lives are spared again
To see the Saints their rest obtain,
Oh, how we'll make this chorus swell-
All is well! All is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment