Sunday, June 8, 2014

Day 121: T.G.I. ...Can't Hear You

Aha:
Friday afternoon was one of THE LONGEST afternoons at work. I was busy and all, but the hours just dragged. Anxious to get home and be free to do what I want for a couple days, I couldn't help but watch the clock. Sure enough time slowly passed, but pass it did and once 430 came I shot outta there like an absolute rocket!
I am thankful for Fridays, and especially Fridays after 430pm. I love having time to myself and my little family. We didn't have any major plans but I still look forward to the time we get to spend together--free from work and other responsibilities.

Haha:
Perhaps you'll not find this as funny as I did, but I overheard my boss answer his phone and this is how it went.
He: Hello?
(pause)
He: Can't hear you.
(click)
Me: (laughing)
He: What?
Me: Uh...did you really just hang up on them like that?
He: What was I supposed to say?
Me: Most people say, "I'm sorry, but I can't hear you. Can you try calling me back? I'm going to hang up now."
He: Oh, I just have no patience for calls like that.
I had the giggles so bad after that. The way he said, "Can't hear you." was just so blunt that it struck me absolutely funny. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment