Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 5 of my Aha and Ha ha Moments: That's not what I meant

Aha:  "I said I wanted frozen yogurt, not I-scream"
I find the mere fact that a yogurt shop recently opened in my town as a blessing in and of itself.  However, even better than that is eating the frozen goodness.  I had such an opportunity to do so tonight with some of my gal pals.  After some good laughs and some rounded-out tummies, it was time to head back home.  By the time I left it was dark outside.  I got in my car, pulled out of my space and pulled up to the driveway of the parking lot to leave.  My ma and pa always taught me to look both ways and then look again--I did this and the way was clear.  As I began to drive into the street, I decided to look again and saw a biker come flying down the hill.  I put on my breaks as he cut me off then flew through the intersection on his way to what could be an early death, if he keeps stunts like that up!  I'm thankful it wasn't an early homicide on my part either!  If I want something creamed, I'll stick with the iced kind, not the smashed-biker kind, thank you!

Ha ha:  "Button, button...Who's got a button?"
Clinton and I were sitting on the couch watching the news.  He has an annoying habit of blowing in my face.  He knows I can't stand it, hence his joy in doing it all the time.  A long time ago I told him that any time he blew in my face, I got to slap his.  Those were the terms and we have stuck to 'em!  Anyway, I was feeling fairly patient and generous this evening and didn't punch him.  I asked him to stop and he breathily asked, "What?" right in my face.  I looked him straight in the eye and said, "You are really pushing your luck and my buttons!"  He cowered away and I laughed in eloquent triumph!  Actually, what I really said was, "You are really pressing my luck button."  I hoped he hadn't caught on to my mix-up of "pushing my buttons" and "pressing your luck".   He was quiet for a moment before he busted up laughing at my rather obvious flub-up!  I couldn't help myself so I joined right in!

1 comment:

  1. Dani,

    I feel like you are cheating on me! You can only go to frozen yogurt joints with me!

    I wish you lived in ca.

    I am enjoying your blog, btw.

    luv ya,
    jaye

    ReplyDelete