Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 4 of my Aha and Ha ha Moments: God Bless You

Aha:  This will be short and sweet, but I was very busy at work today because I was responsible for arranging and supervising a retirement reception for one of our faculty members.  I was pretty overwhelmed and was wondering how I was going to squeeze my daily 30-minute run over to the Corporate Office to distribute/pick-up interoffice mail.  I found a small gap in the reception and ran over to my office to announce I'd (literally) be running over to Corporate.  My coworker turned to me and said, "Oh.  Don't worry about it.  Christine stopped by on her way back from the retirement reception and asked if there was anything she could take to the Corporate Center for you.  It's all done."  I began to worry about needing to go get what might be meant for us from Corporate, but then I remembered that another staff member had already brought over what was there earlier in the day, just because.  What a small, but very meaningful miracle in my very busy day!!

Ha ha:  After my long day at work, my husband took me out to dinner at the local Applebees.  Applebees is kinda it's own meltingpot.  You really are exposed to all walks of life in there, so we always come away with a story.  Today as we entered, there was this weird snotting sound.  I don't know how else to describe it.  Kinda like, a small explosion.  At first, I thought it was maybe someone throwing up.  I looked toward the sound and noticed a woman with a tissue to her face.  I didn't comprehend.  I saw her sneeze, but surely THAT sound was not coming from her...was it?  I thought about shouting, "Quick.  Everybody, duck and cover!  There's a terrorist trying to bomb up the joint!"  Again, (sneezing motion) "ka-BLAMO" (wipe nose).  Over and over, probably at least eight times!   I made a conclusion--the sound WAS in fact her sneezing and not some crazy uni-bomber trying to take out the local Applebees. 
I do wonder if she has any relation to the Big Bad Wolf, for her sneeze could surely blow down a house of sticks!

1 comment:

  1. Man...that many sneezes is a restaurant is probably not too appetizing either...

    ReplyDelete