Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 35: Living the Dream

Aha:
Question #7: What is your dream job, and why?
I want to be a stay-at-home mom who works part-time in the salon attached to her house.
I think the reason for this one's pretty obvious.  I have always dreamt of being a mom and have never felt like a career woman.  Though, as I've spent all these years working and have yet to become a mom, I have gained an appreciation for having something outside of motherhood that's just for me.  The appeal of cosmetology is that it's pretty flexible, I feel good helping others feel better about themselves and there's good money to be had there.
So, someday I hope to be the wonderful mommy who spends her days with her beautiful children, but I also want to be an individual and spend an evening here and there doing something that's just for me...and why not make some extra bucks on the side too?

Ha ha:
The other day Clinton and I went out to supper with some of his coworkers from his last rotation.  We went to this restaurant called "Juniper 61".  It's this trendy little place in Tosa.  Anyway, the food was fantastic and we had a lovely time.  When it was time to go, I headed for the car while Clinton headed for the restroom.  Once I got in the car I looked up and saw the following billboard.
At first I thought, Why would they call those ballroom jeans?  They aren't very fancy.  And then I realized they meant "ball room" jeans, as in, room for one's balls.  Then the slogan "crouch without the ouch" made even more sense and I started killing myself laughing.
Once Clinton got in the car, I pointed to the billboard.  He looked up and said, "I don't get it.  Those don't look very dressy to me."  I started laughing and said "BALL - room jeans".  He laughed and said, "That's actually pretty clever!  And it is pretty uncomfortable to crouch in jeans."
Anyway, thought I'd share.  I guess their other slogan is "crouch without singing soprano".  Also funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment