Sunday, May 2, 2010

Guy Studley Hung-Well

This last week has been rather eye-opening...in several ways.

First of all, you may each be wondering why I titled my post the way that I did. Well, on our way home from church today Clinton shared with me a part of the lesson from the gospel essentials class. He said they were talking about dating and the teacher asked for comments. One sister, who looks like a fair bit like Madam Mim on Sword in the Stone and is sort of new to the gospel/returning less-active, raised her hand and said,

"I get so tired of seeing all these Ms. Goody-Two-Shoes going out with these Guy Studly Hung-Wells."

Now, I don't know that she realized what she said, but she must have! Needless to say, the teacher quickly put the book in front of his face and to stifle a laugh while Clinton busted up laughing in the back row. Somehow, no one else heard it, but I thought that was hilarious! I will never be able to watch Sword in the Stone the same way ever again!

The second eye-opening experience was discovered yesterday afternoon. I have been having problems with seeing lately. The second I put my contact in, it gets foggy or blurry. I'll wash it, use eye drops and pray for clarity, but alas, I am left with blurred vision. So, I made an appointment to see the eye doctor at Stein Optical. To make a long story short, I ended up going back for a second opinion and ended up with a good doctor the second time. She put dye in my eye while I was wearing my contact (unlike the first doctor) and noticed that my contact was not fitting properly. In fact, it was too flat and it was flattening my cornea. She said that it was causing my cornea to be ashy, basically, my cornea was flaking away like your skin does when it is dry! Naturally, I began to panic because I only have the one left, but she said that as long as I don't wear the contact anymore, use eye drops every 2 hours for the next two-three weeks and come back for an eye exam, I should be fine. She said that the bad news is that I'll have to wear my glasses (from 7th grade mind you) until then. It is so frustrating because I can't see through them very well either. So, for the next two-three weeks I am going to be blind and unattractive! But, hopefully my next eye exam (May 15th) will go smoothly and my eye will have reshaped itself properly and the healing of my cornea will be complete. If all is back to "normal", then they'll refit me for a new contact lens and I can get an accurate prescription for glasses. Oh, woe is me.

Anyway, I don't know how the last week went for each of you, but I hope it was a little less eye-opening than mine. :)

4 comments:

  1. Why haven't you gotten new glasses since 7th grade? Geez!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that comment in Sunday school was pretty crazy! haha. Made me laugh. What I don't get is why she is tired of that?

    Sorry about your eye too, I hope it heals quickly. And I'm sure you will look great in your glasses. No worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read your post title I though "I wonder if she means it the way it's normally used?" That's great it was said in church though! I love it and I wish I could have been there to hear it first hand! I never knew a contact could cause a cornea to flake. My eyes have gotten worse by a half a power since I had Aphia and I still am not seeing all that great. Some days my contacts seem too strong sometimes not enough blah blah blah. What a headache to deal with. Anyhoo I hope you are seeing better now and I want you to post more funny said stuff from your ward if it happens again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man! Clinton gets all the good ones. I can't help but think of the children.

    ReplyDelete