Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'm on Cloud 9!!


So I had my first voice lesson since entering college and although I am not a music major I signed up for voice lessons for some extra help. As we were proceeding through my lesson my teacher would give me tips here and there and then he stopped and said, "You know, I don't want you to get a big head, but you have a really good voice." I said thank you and he just slowly shook his head back and forth. I started to get nervous because I didn't know what he was thinking. And then he said, "It is not everyday that you come across someone like you. God was good to you." I was totally flattered!! I again thanked him and then he said, "With just a bit more training you can ride anywhere with your voice" (meaning I could get a full-ride scholarship). I was totally floored at this point, but he didn't stop there. He went on to say that he had taught one other girl who had a voice like mine and she was offered full rides to 2 or 3 different schools! It has hard to hold back the giggles I was so excited! I told him that I wasn't a music major and he said that it didn't matter, that my voice was borderline professional and with a little more work it would be before long. I couldn't believe it!

I know that vocals are a matter of opinion, but I was so glad to hear that he liked mine!! Anyway, needless to say I have been on Cloud 9 ever since, and I'm loving it!!

7 comments:

  1. Hot and a good voice, what more could you want?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. You need to post some pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! How nice to hear!! You have a beautiful voice and I miss hearing it!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true. I'm no trained professional, but I think you have a wonderful voice. So when does your cd come out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hear the giggles now. So, I'd like to know, the song you were singing was "It's Not Unusual" by Tom Jones. Am I right? That's the best song to show off talent.

    ReplyDelete