Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 164: Eye'm Starting to Get It

Aha:
There's a tradition here in the Midwest called "St. Nick".  It is on the eve of December 5th that St. Nicholas visits the children and fills their stockings with treats.  Well, my coworker brought that spirit into our office today and it was...a real treat!  We were each given a stocking filled with candy and the counters had been festified!
Anyway, this got me thinking about this quote:
When we were children we were grateful to those who filled our stockings at Christmas time.  Why are we not grateful to God for filling our stockings with legs?  ~G.K. Chesterton
I am so thankful to God for not only filling my stockings with legs, but for filling my life with so many wonderful people, a well-functioning body, my prosthetic lens (see Ha ha below), my job, my sense of humor, my testimony, my Savior and all the other many blessings He's made possible in my life.  What a wonderful time of year this is, a time when I can more frequently be reminded of my blessings and a time when I can speak more frequently and hear others speak so reverently of Jesus Christ!

Ha ha:
Ran into a friend of ours tonight.  We waved at him and my first thought was, we're on his blind side (he has a prosthetic lens too!) so he can't see us.  Clinton shouted out to him and he turned towards us, and with a totally surprised look on his face said, "Oh hey!  I didn't even see you, you were on my blind side."  "I knew it!", I said.  I guess it takes one to know one.  Thanks for making me feel more "normal" Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment