Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 163: Two Birds

Aha:
I traveled back to Wisconsin today from my brief trip in Oregon.  What a blessing it was to be able to go back home and fill up on hopefully enough hugs, kisses and laughter to last me till January!  Each time I landed at an airport one of the stewardesses would welcome us to that particular city and then end with "Happy Holidays".  This statement, usually so generic and overused, felt so right and good to me; I had just had a wonderful visit with my family, I was on my way back home to my husband and pup, and it made me think of The Reason for the Season as well.  What a wonderful time of year--when people are so willing to wish others happiness!  I think I'm going figure out a way to do this beyond the holidays without it sounding weird.  Perhaps instead of "Have a good day", I can say "Hope your day finds you happy" or "Smile you later" or "Grin evening"...or perhaps sticking with "good day" is best and then I'll just finish with a big smile. :)

Ha ha:
I asked Clinton if there was anything funny from today that I could write on my blog and he jokingly threw his hand down, shook his head and said, "Uh-uh.  This day was a bore."
I got my laugh.  Killed two birds with one stone with one quick comment--Thank you, Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment